Friday 1 August 2014

Call of time

By Dadi Janki

The call of this time is a call for peace. In my
early morning meditations, I can hear the call of
the peaceless world for peace – not just for an
end to conflict, but for a deep inner stillness and
calm, which all souls remember as our original
state.
If we are to find peace, first we must teach
ourselves to become quiet and then we can
become peaceful. Becoming peaceful means
seizing the reins of the out-of-control mind and
bringing the runaway thoughts to a halt. Once
we have the mind’s attention, we can begin to
coax it to take us into silence, a true silence; not
the place without sound, but the place in which
we experience a deep sense of peace and a
pervasive awareness of our well-being.
It is not an empty mind that elicits this state of
peace. To move into this state of profound
silence, we must train the intellect to create
pure, good thoughts. We must train it to
concentrate. Our wasteful thoughts burden us.
Our habits of creating too many thoughts and
too many words exhaust the intellect. We must
ask, “How can I cultivate the habit of pure
thought?”
Who is it that yearns to go into silence? It is I,
the inner being, the soul. As I detach from my
body and from bodily things, and turn away from
the distractions of the world, I can face inwards
to the inner being. Like a perfectly calm lake
when all whispers of wind have stopped, the
inner being shimmers, quietly reflecting the
intrinsic qualities of the soul. Feelings of peace
and well-being steal across my mind and, with
them, thoughts of benevolence.
I let go of all thoughts of discontentment and am
reminded of my oldest, most intrinsic state of
being. I remember this inner calm. Though I
have not been here recently, I remember it as my
most fundamental awareness, and a feeling of
happiness and contentment wells up inside of
me. In this state I know every soul to be my
friend. I am my own friend. I am deeply quiet. I
am silent and utterly at peace.
This deep well of peace is the original state of
the soul. When I am in this state, I feel the flow
of love for humanity and I feel a state more
elevated than what I would normally call
happiness, a state of bliss. It is when I attain
this state that something truly miraculous can
happen. When I am in this state of complete
soul-conscious rest, I become aware that another
energy is beginning to flow into me. I feel
strength and a power so expansive, that in this
moment I know there is nothing I cannot do,
nowhere I cannot reach.
When this happens, I am experiencing the
connection with the divine energy and the flow
of God’s power into my inner being. If I stay
focused inwards, connected with this stream of
divine power, even the way I use the physical
senses will be different. When I look at the
world, I will see through my original nature of
benevolence and experience compassion for the
world.
It is in this experience that I know what silence
power is. It is this power that transforms me
inside, making me pure and powerful. When the
soul and God are linked together, there is a
power that reaches me and then reaches invisibly
across to others, bringing about transformation in
them, in nature, and in the world.
The secret of this power of silence is that I don’t
have to do the work of transformation. Divine
power automatically transforms. Let me do the
inner work. Let me go deeply into that
experience of the original state of the self, and
let there be silence so that God is able to do His
work through me, His instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment