Monday 4 August 2014

Qualities of The soul

Haridwar ----

The Five Primary Qualities Of The Soul

The soul has five primary qualities; we could
say they are the primary colours of humanity
with which we paint the picture of our lives.
They are:
1Peace
This is the original quality of the soul. Peace is
serenity, the personal inner state of non-
violence. In this state of peace, I harmonize
with everything and everyone around me. The
word shanti means peace, and it is this
thought (or word) we use as the key step in
meditation.
2Purity
A state of honesty and cleanliness where I am
the same inside and outside, not deceiving
either myself, or others. Consequently, there is
no room for artificiality. Purity is the state of
original truth where no violence is committed
against others, nor can violence be committed
against me. When the self is in its original
purity, others cannot damage or destroy it,
even if they try, because there is a natural aura
of protection that acts as an invisible barrier.
When I achieve this level of purity, it means I
respect all things.
3Love
Perhaps the most difficult original quality to
achieve because it has become so mixed up
with attachment, possessiveness and
dependence, deeply ingrained habits that have
become accepted as normal. As a result, the
human being finds it difficult to realize the true
form of pure love, which is unconditional. The
quality of love means * I care, * I share and, in
particular, * I liberate. True spiritual love never
creates that need, or dependence, where
others cannot find, or be, themselves.
4Knowledge
To know and to be what I am eternally and
truly, and to exist in this consciousness, is
what we mean by knowledge. It is not knowing
about the soul, peace, love, etc., but rather
knowing is to be the soul, to be peace, to be
love. This quality of true knowing is expressed
through 'I am', the original awareness of the
self that exists beyond the false self of ego.
5Happiness
Happiness is the natural expression of joy in
being alive and interacting with others.
Happiness is only possible when I relate to
myself and express respectfully what I am and
allow others to share in what I am and what I
have. I relate to people and nature and
experience the fulfillment of human life
through relationships.
In the meditation taught by the Brahma
Kumaris, we absorb the rays of these five
primary qualities from the Supreme Soul by
concentrating on his point of divine light form
in the incorporeal world (paramdham or
shantidham). The absorption and the harmony
of these basic qualities (peace, purity, love,
knowledge and happiness) lead to the
development of many more virtues inside us.
As we become aware of these five primary
qualities, we gradually realize that each one of
them has many characteristics.
e.g. we understand that love does not mean
just a special feeling for one or two people.
Spiritual love is far greater; it means respect,
tolerance, forgiveness, compassion and
flexibility; there is a universal feeling of
belonging, an openness of heart, a generosity
of spirit that is all-embracing.

For spritual service - Kiron Khorana > Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment